Kitchen Chef AT THE CROWN
Fanatical about food? If you want to make our customers hungry for more, we’ve got all the ingredients.
We are looking for a talented chef who is passionate about food and can work in a busy kitchen. You will be experienced, with a good track record of working in a high volume kitchen, brimming with food ideas and knowledge, and able to ensure that our high standards of compliance are maintained at all times.
Title: Kitchen Chef
Responsible to: Head Chef
Main purpose of Job: To assist the Head Chef in the kitchen operation and to ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- Run and supervise any kitchen section to the required standards set by management.
- Ensure all preparation of the designated section is complete and ready for each service.
- Ability to place orders and maintain good stock and waste control.
- Quality control of stock and prepared foods.
- Execute cooking to the expected high standard quickly and efficiently.
- To ensure the cleanliness and organisation of the designated section, including fridges, is monitored and maintained to the required standard.
- Support the head chef in delivering the required standard of food and kitchen operation.
- To maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times.
- To actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development.
- To comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- To comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct.
- To ensure at all times that visitors or guests have the best experience possible.
Educational/Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Have a good level of Health & Safety knowledge (Essential)
- Have an up to date knowledge and previous experience of HACCP & COSSH (Essential)
- Have a real passion for food and customer service (Essential)
- Have good organisational skills and be an excellent communicator (Essential)
- Be approachable and friendly (Essential)
- Have knowledge of high volume operation (Desirable)
- NVQ 1&2 in Professional Cooker (Desirable)
- Be keen to continue self-development and ambition for growth and promotion (Desirable)
KITCHEN PORTER AT THE CROWN
Title: Kitchen Porter
Responsible to: Kitchen Chef
Main purpose of Job: To assist the Kitchen Chef in the kitchen operation and to ensure the company’s reputation for food quality and cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Washing of crockery and utensils.
- Daily cleaning of all kitchen areas.
- Deep cleaning of kitchen equipment.
- To keep stores areas neat and tidy.
- To keep refrigeration units and freezers organised.
- To report any faulty/failing equipment to a supervisor.
- To report any Health and Safety hazards to a supervisor.
- To communicate effectively with staff.
- To contribute/assist with stock taking as required.
- To provide porter support with deliveries.
- To accept training to enable safe completion of duties.
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Effective communication skills (Essential)
- Ability to work in a team (Essential)
- Ability to work flexibly (Essential)
- Commitment to high standards (Essential)
- Able to work in a demanding fast paced environment (Essential)
- Experience in a similar position (Desirable)
BAR PERSON AT THE CROWN
If you’ve got pints of enthusiasm, raise the bar. Whether you’ve been serving up a smile for a while, or you’re just keen to learn, get in touch.
We are looking for a friendly, energetic and excellent provider of great customer service to join us at The Crown for busy evening and weekend shifts. Full training and uniform will be provided.
Title: Bar Person
Responsible to: General Manager/Assistant Manager
Main purpose of Job: To provide friendly and efficient customer service, to dispense food orders accurately, and to take pride in the cleanliness of the establishment.
- To report for duty on time and in the correct uniform.
- To ensure that the bar area is kept clean at all times.
- To follow and observe all hygiene regulations.
- To ensure the accuracy of all cash handling.
- Efficient dispensing and servicing of drinks and food if required.
- To carry out our Customer Relations Policy.
- To communicate our services and facilities to guests as required.
- To deal with any customer complaints in a professional manner and to notify management.
- To ensure that the guests’ needs and requirements are met.
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself and others.
- To observe all safety procedures and rules.
- To report and, where possible, take action in incidents of accidents or damage.
- To attend all training courses required by management.
- To carry out any other duties as may be notified to you by management.
- To read, understand and carry out your responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety Statement.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- GCSE English and Maths (Essential)
- Educated to at least secondary level (Essential)
- Relevant qualification pertaining to the hospitality industry (Desirable)
- Previous experience in a bar/restaurant in a similar role (Essential)
- One year’s regular use of computerised till system (Essential)
- Knowledge of beers, lagers, wines and spirits (Desirable)
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and members of the public (Essential)
- Flexible working hours to fit into a bar rota (Essential)
- Good telephone manner (Essential)
- Good presentation skills (Essential)
BAR MANAGERS WANTED SOUTH EAST ENGLAND
Are you an experienced bar manager looking for a character pub that will benefit from your personality and individual style?
We are an ambitious company with a chain of Irish themed bars and traditional English pubs and have great opportunities for live-in managers on a generous percentage based income.
If you are looking for a position that will utilize your experience, apply to us now.
It is essential applicants hold a personal licence.